Calvert City Council met on April 11 for their regularly scheduled monthly meeting.
Here’s what happened!
Calvert City Hall Report
- John Ward, the City Administrator, is working on the 2022-23 Fiscal Budget. Council Members were asked to reach out to John with ideas for the coming year.
- Each department is working on its budget and incorporating the strategic plan.
- City Councilmember, Neeta Hale, mentioned the need to develop a plan for the bank building. Mayor Gene Colburn suggested creating a small focus group.
- The Spring Cleanup has been rescheduled for September 17 and is now a FALL Clean-up from 8 AM – 12 PM due to scheduling conflicts.
Calvert City Public Works Report
- The drainage project at City Hall is almost complete, weather permitting
- Two service trucks have been received and they are installing the beds and radios
- The detention basin on Cedar has been at a standstill due to the wet weather
- Paving and fencing bids have been received for the pickleball courts
- Quotes are being collected for painting the pickleball courts
- As soon as the ground dries up, the playground equipment will be installed at Old Park
- The new single-track Mountain Bike trail is waiting for dryer weather before moving forward. Lumber was purchased for small bridges to be built. Steve and Dache Moneymaker are doing a great job of designing and building the new trail!
Calvert City Marketing and Business Development Report
- The winner of the Youth Voice Writing contest is Cameron Sullivan of Paducah, KY.
- The Airport Open House on April 8 was a great success! Thank you to the community for coming out and supporting this partnership!
- Men’s League begins on April 12 at the Country Club
- Kentucky Lake Chamber of Commerce is hosting a meet the candidate’s breakfast at 8 AM at the Marshall County Public Library
- April 22 is the Earth Day Party from 8 AM – 12 PM at Kentucky Dam Village Sustainability Center. Paint a birdhouse, get a free tree, make your own wind chimes, and enjoy live folk music!
- April 23 is the Hoppin’ Shoppin’ Arts and Craft Show at Lakeland Event Center from 9 AM – 12 PM
- April 29 is the deadline to nominate your yard or your neighbor’s yard for Yard of the Season!
- The first-ever Homegrown Tomato Contest will begin on July 1. The city has partnered with Holly Nursery to see who can grow the BIGGEST tomato! Judging is based on weight and there will be more information to come!
- If you would like to nominate someone for Citizen of the Quarter, now is the time!
Click here for more info!
- We are accepting vendors for Food Truck Friday which begins May 6 and Ameribration on July 1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Kites over Calvert is on May 7 from 1 PM – 3 PM in Doctors Park
- A resolution was passed by the council to form a partnership with the TN RiverLine. This is the last qualification in stage 1 of becoming a TN RiverTown.
Calvert City Utility Department
Calvert City Fire Department
Calvert City Police Department
The next scheduled meeting is May 9 at 5:30 PM at Calvert City Hall.
Like and Subscribe to Calvert City’s Youtube Page to tune in LIVE online!
MEET OUR LEADERS
Latest from the Blog
The Marshall County Public Library is excited to announce the distribution of the sixth installment of the beloved Merry the Christmas Fairy series, titled "Bright's Big Idea," throughout December. Authored by the library director, Tammy Blackwell, and adorned with...
Join us for a weekend of festive events for the entire family! Run a 5K, shop till you drop at the Calvert City Christmas Bazaar, light the tree with us in Memorial Park, and watch all the beautiful lighted Christmas floats in the Lions Club Christmas Parade all in...
Calvert City has a direct line to Santa this year. Mail your letters to Santa in the special North Pole mailbox located at Calvert City Hall with your return address and expect a response from the big man himself. Santa Letters will be accepted now through...