The City of Calvert City is accepting applications for the Public Works Department. Persons interested in applying for this position must file an application for the position at the Clerk’s Office of Calvert City – City Hall no later than 4:00 p.m. central standard time, Thursday, December 08, 2022.
The person selected for this position shall be under general supervision and must be at least 21 years of age and must be able to read and write the English language.
The Streets Maintenance Worker must be able to perform:
- heavy manual labor for an extended time and under adverse weather conditions,
- building maintenance and light construction,
- concrete forming, pouring, and finishing,
- road, sidewalk, storm sewer, culvert, right of way construction, repair and cleaning,
- treatment and or removal of snow & ice from City streets,
- operations of departmental equipment,
- light mechanical maintenance of departmental equipment, and
- supervision of temporary and or seasonal workers.
The Streets Maintenance Worker must possess:
- a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- a valid driver’s license and at minimum a class “B” Commercial Driver’s License.
- or be able to obtain any other license(s) that may be required by the City to accomplish the task(s) assigned.
The Streets Maintenance Worker must be able to:
- attend and satisfactorily complete training courses in Calvert City and at other locations,
- deal courteously and tactfully with the public,
- work as a team member with co-workers and
- respond to emergency calls at all hours.
Any person interested in applying for this position may obtain an application from the Clerk’s Office at Calvert City – City Hall Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Or CLICK HERE to download the application.
Any questions about this position should be referred to the Calvert City – City Administrator at 395-7138.
THE CITY OF CALVERT CITY IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER